One of the first steps to tackling sugar cravings, is to ensure you are eating enough of the key sugar balancing nutrients within your diet.
Chromium is one of these special nutrients. It’s a mineral found in small amounts in many foods, however approximately 56% of the population is at risk of being chromium deficient.
Read on to discover the top chromium food sources, why chromium is so important for our health and a super- simple chromium rich recipe!
TOP CHROMIUM FOOD SOURCES:
- Vegetables ; broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, pepper, green beans, Romaine lettuce, potato
- Fruit; apple, tomatoes, prunes, banana
- Wholegrains; barley, oats, whole wheat, rye
- Beef, liver, eggs, chicken, oysters, lobster, shrimp, mussels
- Other; black pepper, black strap molasses, brewer’s yeast
- Beans; navy beans
WHY CHROMIUM IS SO IMPORTANT FOR OUR HEALTH
- Important for cholesterol regulation
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Promotes growth
- Helps to prevent sugar cravings
- Essential for blood sugar control
- Improves eye health
- Reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes onset
- Provides immune support
AN EASY CHROMIUM RICH RECIPE IDEA...............
Porridge Oats with Banana and Grated Apple
Pour 40g of porridge oats in a saucepan and add 300ml of water, coconut milk, almond milk or organic milk.
Bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes stirring continuously until it is the right consistency and serve into a bowl.
Add half a grated apple, half a sliced banana and sprinkle with cinnamon.
If you require extra sweetness add half a teaspoon of black strap molasses