What is it important for?
• Relaxing all the muscles in our body
• Providing nervous system support, especially when anxious or stressed
• Immune system support
• Involved in blood sugar regulation
• Maintenance of heart muscle
• Supporting bone health
• Regulating unwanted inflammation
• Role in energy production
Did you know…...?
70% of tissue magnesium is stored in bones and teeth
So how can we include it in our daily diet?
• Dark green leafy vegetables including spinach and chard
• Seeds and nuts e.g. pumpkin, sesame, sunflower, almonds ,cashews
• Beans e.g. black beans, navy beans, soy beans
An easy magnesium rich recipe idea...............
• Cook a portion of quinoa as per pack instructions but add a teaspoon of miso paste while it cooks
• Add a handful of chopped spinach , tomato, cucumber and half an avocado
• Dress with lemon juice, sesame oil and a splash of tamari sauce
• Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds
My weekly ‘Nutrient Spotlight’ written for Fields to Fork Organics
If you feel you could and should be feeling better and need some guidence, support and focus on your health and nutrition then give me a call. I would love to help. 07961 166582
If you are interested in receiving recipe inspiration, top tips and the latest nutrition news, sign up to my newsletter at and like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/marcellerosenutrition/
You can also join my free Facebook Group- Fuss-Free Healthy Eating https://www.facebook.com/groups/FussFreeHealthyEating/